Thursday, March 31, 2011

Want An Effective Homemade Dry Skin Mask?

I don't know about your skin, but mine has its moods.  Sometimes, it can be oily at certain times of the year like in the summer months.  Colder weather and it will tend to be on the dry side.  However, I found a great moisturizing facial mask you should try at home if you also have the same dry to normal skin.

Mix an egg yolk with a tablespoon of cottage cheese (small curd works best) in a small container.  Take a vitamin E capsule (400 I. U.) that you prick with a pin and squeeze the contents out into the mixture.  Add  a few drops of fresh lemon juice, a half a teaspoon of honey and a half teaspoon of water. 

Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly and apply to your freshly washed face.  If you have too much mixture, I like to pin my hair up and treat my neck as well. 

However, I warn you again of the importance of hiding from others. Trust me, you will look disgusting and could possibly scare small children with this lumpy goo on your face.  But this well-deserved time alone can be relaxing and equally beneficial as this beauty mask, which you must leave on for at least 10 minutes.

Without needing to look at your clock, you'll know it's time to rinse when you feel your skin tightening.  Use lukewarm water to rinse this mixture off and follow with cold to close your pores.  Your skin will feel softer and more hydrated.