Saturday, May 5, 2012

Let Me Share My Best Brownies Recipe With You!


Sometimes, you need a serious chocolate fix.   Whenever that urge happens that only sinfully rich and full of chocolate decadence can satisfy, I like to make this recipe for my favorite brownies. 

I have been growing more herbs.  One in particular that is wonderful to plant is Chocolate Mint.  I like to dry it and then grind into a fine powder.  For a small amount, I use a little electric coffee bean grinder.  A teaspoon of this chocolate mint powder is a nice optional touch in these brownies.  Peppermint extract also works if you like a bit of mint with your chocolate.

As you can guess, this was my weakness for this weekend.  I baked a batch and plan to indulge.  I do hope when you get suddenly hungry for brownies that you'll try my recipe because it is the best one that I ever made.

My Best Brownies

2 cups of sugar
1 cup of canola oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of dried chocolate mint or 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract (optional)
1-3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
5 eggs
6-ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup of chopped nuts

All you do is put everything in your mixing bowl except for the chips and mix well.  You can use a wooden spoon. 

Pour into a greased 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan. 

Sprinkle the chocolate chips chips on top and bake in 350-degree oven for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.