Saturday, October 20, 2012

Recipe: You Will Hunger for My Delicious Fresh Apple Cake Once You Taste It!


apples-for-cake.jpeg
Apples are delicious and great to bake with.


Fall is the perfect season to take advantage of apples. Today, I want to share my favorite recipe for a fantastic fresh apple cake that is moist and chalked full of fruit, nuts, and cinnamon. 

Besides how divine this tastes, you'll like how simple this is to make because  no creaming  is involved!  This recipe uses oil and requires just a minimum of effort, which endears it even more to my heart. 

I can't also stress what your home will smell like as this cake in your oven releases its delicious, welcoming aroma of cinnamon and apples to scent the air.  Trust me, but this scent permeates the rooms better than any commercial product with such incredible goodness.

I used to make this recipe quite often when I had still had my apple tree.  Those luckily enough to have apple trees may want to save this recipe because it is a keeper!

If you love the taste of apple like we do, I think you would enjoy sampling this cake.  I hope you try it.

My Fresh Apple Cake

1-3/4 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of canola oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of milk
2 cups of chopped, pared apples (any variety)
1/4 teaspoon of salt

Cake Topping:

1/2 cup brown sugar (packed of either light or brown variety)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons of margarine (not spread)
2 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon of cinnamon


For the cake:

Sift together the 1-3/4 cups of flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into your mixing bowl.

Combine the oil, egg, milk, and vanilla.  Add these mixed liquid ingredients to those dry ingredients in that mixing bowl.

No electric mixer is required.  Stir until well blended with your wooden spoon and then add your chopped apples.

Pour the cake batter into a greased pan approximately 10" square.  I usually make this one in a Corning dish of that size since I can refrigerate it later in the same dish with a cover.  If it lasts, you can later pop it in the microwave to freshen it up.  However, I doubt you have any cake left once the family smells it.

For the topping:

Using your hands, mix the margarine with your brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour until it resembles coarse crumbs. 

Toss in your walnuts and mix again until well combined. 

Then top over your cake.

Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.