Monday, March 18, 2013

Review: Eye Popping Color for Spring, 2013! Rimmel London's NEW ScandalEyes Waterproof Eye Shadow Sticks

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

RRimmel London's ScandalEyes Waterproof Eye Shadow Sticks.jpeg
Rimmel London's ScandalEyes Waterproof Eye Shadow Sticks



New to Rimmel London's eye shadow line up are their Scandal Eyes Waterproof Eye Shadow Sticks that I received to review.  These are crayon type eye pencils that can double as blendable eye shadow or liner. 

I received six out of the nine colors in this collection in 003 Bad Girl Bronze (a pretty shimmery bronze), 007 Gossip Green (a pea green), 008 Blackmail (a haunting black), 005 Tempting Turquoise (bright blue-green with some shimmer), 001 Witness White (a bright milk white with slight shimmer to it), and 002 Bullet Proof Beige (an apricot-beige gold color with shimmer).

The company advertises these shadow sticks to last 24 hours without creasing.  Although they last fairly long, I have never worn any cosmetics for that excessive amount length of time to judge the true accuracy of that claim.  Instead, I found them able to stay on my eyes for about eights hours or so without giving me any problems with performance or causing an sensitivity to my allergy-prone eyes.

These were creamy and did blend well.  However, I do want to warn that you need to be careful when first opening these pencils because these can be difficult  the first time.  I did behead one that was exceptionally tight so just remember that you need to twist back and forth with some firm pressure to dislodge that cap.  The good news I discovered in the process is that despite the soft texture of this pencil, it can be sharpened easily enough.

My favorites to bring out my dark brown eyes were 003 Bad Girl Bronze and 002 Bullet Proof Beige, which had the right shimmering color combination to create some striking spring eye drama. 

If you're looking to update your Spring 2013 eye shadows, I think you to take a trip to your drug store and check out these Rimmel London products.


*Disclaimer:  This is my own honest opinion.  Free products were provided to facilitate this review.*