Friday, April 18, 2014

How to Keep Your Makeup Brushes in the Best Shape Possible!

Cleaning your makeup brushes is important if you want those expensive tools to last and best enhance your beauty. Otherwise, makeup does accumulate on the soft, quality bristles that can affect their performance if not done regularly.

Your complexion can also suffer since neglected makeup brushes harbor bacteria, which can cause your perfect skin to break out. Therefore, you need to make it a point to schedule time once a week to washing them.

As I mentioned in an earlier post about caring for your makeup brushes, I like to use baby shampoo to wash mine in. Of course, you use a more expensive professional brush cleaner to give you the same results. However, the only advantage of going that route is this type of cleaner makes your brushes dry faster than with the cheaper baby shampoo.

What I recently found helpful was a trick I learned from a friend of mine who happens to be a makeup artist. She suggested that after washing my brushes that I should use a small amount of a light, leave in hair conditioner directly after and allow it to remain for about minute before rinsing out.

Once you finish rinsing the conditioner away, you gently squeeze to get rid extra moisture before reshaping the bristles with your hands. Lay your brushes on a clean towel and let them dry.

I was surprised at how much better my brushes with those bristles with natural hairs turned out. Do try this on your own high-end makeup brushes and prepare to be amazed at how new they will look again.