Friday, June 6, 2014

Review: Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**
 Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream.jpeg
 Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream

I happen to have sensitive hands that chap and get rough easily.  What usually gives me trouble is dish detergents and washing in public restrooms (not with any particular soaps, but the water itself).  You may be thinking why not just get a dish washer or use rubber gloves and avoid this problem.  

Regretfully, my kitchen is too small to fit a dish washer and if I wear those typical latex gloves with my allergies, it only irritates my hands even worse.  I do have thick, non-latex gloves for cleaning but they are too clumsy to use for dishwashing.

Anyway, I am getting sidetracked.  The thing that happened was I used a new brand of dish detergent that was meant to be kinder for hands.  Perhaps, this is true for others, but my hands hurt after that and became red.

I was about to put on my normal hand cream when I remembered I had one left to review with Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream.  Therefore, I thought this was as good a time to test it than any other.  

This 100% natural product comes in a metal tube and is extremely thick.  This hand cream also has cocoa butter and various botanical oils in addition to that intensive lubricant of shea butter.  It does take a bit of work to finally get it out of that tube, but once you do you will notice it has a very strong herbal smell, which is not particularly pleasing.  Nonetheless, I am a professional, committed to telling it as it is.  Thus, I squeezed some on before I went to bed.

By the way, the less than pleasant fragrance does dissipate in time, approximately fifteen minutes to become lighter.  This hand cream also is fast absorbing and left my hands without greasiness.

When I woke the next morning, I was really impressed at the condition of my hands.  With only one time, this stuff healed that irritated skin and left them smooth again.  I honestly liked this product.  The only thing that I wish was that the company work on is improving the scent. But, as to the performance of Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream ($13), I think it is exceptional for healing.  

Anyone with sore hands and needs immediate relief, I highly recommend Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream!