Thursday, May 14, 2015

Review: Covergirl’s Super Sizer Mascara and Intensify Me Liquid Liner By Lashblast

Covergirl logo.jpeg

Covergirl offered to send me some product to try.  I was clueless about what they would be shipping, but I do love surprises and new cosmetics to play with.  When their box arrived, I found two of their newest Lashblast products, a Super Sizer Mascara and an Intensify Me! Liquid Liner that will soon or just may be on store shelves now where you buy their products.


Covergirl’s Super Sizer Mascara and Intensify Me Liquid Liner.jpeg
Covergirl's Super Sizer Mascara and Intensify Me Liquid Liner

The Super Sizer Mascara is advertised to give your lashes 400% corner-to-corner volume.  This turquoise tube features a different sort of brush with a much thinner wand of short, spiny, and more sparsely spaced plastic bristles that do slightly widen up at the tip than what I am used to wearing.   

Covergirl’s Super Sizer Mascara.jpeg
Covergirl’s Super Sizer Mascara

You need to change the way you apply this mascara from how you normally do. What you do is slowly begin to twirl the wand from the base as you go.  Mastering the twirl takes getting used to, but once you do practice, this mascara does do a marvelous job for lengthening, building volume somewhat and managing to get all those tiny lashes at the corners that are always so hard to get.  However, if you try deviating from this method, then you run into problems and will blame this mascara, which is a shame for what stuff can do for your lashes.  

I didn’t have any complaints with how it wore either.  When I went to wash it out later that day, I had no smudging  and saw a few flakes.  It does take more than soap and water to make this mascara budge.  I used eye makeup remover for an easier time.

The Intensify Me Liquid Liner is something else unusual with its special, paddle-sided tip that I really liked.  It sports a broad side when you want to create thickness and just by flipping that paddle tip, you have a thinner side to work with to do finer lining. 


Covergirl's Intensify Me Liquid Liner.jpeg
Covergirl's Intensify Me Liquid Liner--Notice what you can do with the paddle-tip.


This liner does dry fast so you need to be quick to lay down your line.  It did go on smooth for me.  Other than that, I thought it was a nice product for fashioning a more dramatic, bold look for thickness yet with a polished edge from how you can finish your corners. 
  
Nonetheless, if you are experiencing a problem with this liner try tugging your eyelid upward as you apply and dotting the black in closely to do a connected line makes it easier. 

This eye liner held up well in the hours I had it on without cracking, smearing, or fading for me. 

I did like my new Covergirl Intensify Me Liquid Liner and the Super Sizer Mascara.  Check them out when you see them in your stores and give them a try.  


*Disclaimer: Free product was provided to facilitate this review--not my opinion.*