Saturday, August 8, 2015

Recipe: My Gooey-Centered Peanut Butter Whoppers Are So Yummy and the Perfect Way to Satisfy That Sweet Craving


Plate of Peanut Butter Whopper Cookies.jpeg
My Gooey-Centered Peanut Butter Whoppers



I am not proud to admit this, but I am a peanut butter fiend.  I love the stuff whether in cookies, cakes, pies, sweet breads, or just eating straight from the jar. If you share my passion for it, then you are going to be glad that you found this post for my Self-Filled Peanut Butter Whoppers.

This is a very unusual peanut butter cookie recipe that also is extremely easy to make. Unlike a typical crunchy peanut butter cookie, my recipe has two different textures.  The outer crust is almost like a pastry whereas inside it forms a somewhat creamier, gooey center.  The taste once you try this will send you nearly overly the edge with pleasure as that cookie nearly melts in your mouth.


Cut Peanut Butter Whopper Cookie.jpeg
My Peanut Butter Whoppers have two great textures in one to enjoy.


What I like to do is use an ice cream scoop to deposit the dough on the cookie sheets to make giant cookies. This size is fantastic, especially if you want to add some vanilla ice cream between two of these monster cookies for a delicious ice cream sandwich.

Feel free to make your cookies smaller if you wish.  However, I am not that good because this recipe is one of my vices so whoppers it is always for me.



My Gooey-Centered Peanut Butter Whoppers


One Whole Peanut Butter Whopper cookie.jpeg
Sandwich two Peanut Butter Whoppers between some vanilla ice cream for a special treat.



2 cups of brown sugar, firmly packed (light or dark)
1/3 cup of butter
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of baking soda, leveled
3 tablespoons of boiling water
2-1/2 cups of sifted flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder, leveled
1/3 cup of peanut butter




Usually I sift the flour with the baking soda to safeguard what I bake from getting sour spots.  However, for this recipe I like to dissolve the soda in a few tablespoons of boiling water before I add it to the recipe.

Thoroughly cream the brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter before adding the eggs.  Continue beating until the ingredients are well combined.

Next, add the flour and baking powder and beat together until mixed through.

Drop on lightly greased cookie sheets and bake in a 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes , depending on how your oven is regulated.  Just remember, smaller cookies will need less baking time.  Test with a toothpick to see if anything sticks.

ENJOY!