Saturday, December 12, 2015

Review: Rimmel London's Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation (Classic Ivory)–New Version

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.** 
Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation (Classic Ivory).jpeg
Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation (Classic Ivory)

Drugstore foundation shopping can be difficult when trying to find your ideal complexion color match.  Unlike department and beauty stores, you don’t have access to samples or as many shades as higher end brands to help narrow down your decision, which can even be more challenging if the store is missing product tester displays.  However, if you’re prowling the aisles now in search of a new foundation, you might want to stop by Rimmel London’s section to check out their new formula of the Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation with comfort serum that I just tried.

PR sent along a bottle in Classic Ivory from among the 11 shades.  I’m talking about the one with the red cap.  This foundation is thicker and almost like a cream-gel sort of liquid instead of a looser, watery consistency.   I found that this formula, even with my dry skin, felt quite lightweight and smoothed out the complexion with wonderful medium, satin-like coverage that did hold up from morning when I first applied to late afternoon when I removed it.  This amount of wear is good enough for me since I don’t ever plan to need one for every moment of an entire day.  The only way that I would allow any makeup to remain on my skin for 24 hours is if I suddenly took ill, caught in a disaster or result of an accident.   

I really was pleasantly surprised at how well this new Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation looked and felt on my skin.  My only disappointment was the color was slightly too dark for my fair skin.  I think Ivory would have been a closer match.

Do visit Rimmel London’s website and your drugstore or wherever you buy their products to check this long-wearing foundation out.  I think you will be happy with it.