Saturday, June 11, 2016

Recipe: You Won’t Miss Taste, Only Calories With My Creamy, Low-Cal Italian Salad Dressing!


plate of my Creamy, Low-Cal Italian Salad Dressing.jpeg
 A delicious plate of my Creamy, Low-Cal Italian Salad Dressing!


Though extremely appetizing, creamy salad dressings often can have more calories in a few tablespoons that a total meal.  Of course, you can always have the option of dipping a dry salad just for the lightest way to eat it.  Nonetheless, it isn’t the same.  But, what if I told you that the recipe that I have for you is more friendly for your diet and will fool your taste with its satisfying creaminess, spices and herbs while being more nourishing with cottage cheese in the base at the same time?


Having a mere tablespoon of olive oil, you might think that this dressing won’t stick to your salad fixings. However, it sticks wonderfully to those greens as it lubricates them with incredible flavor that won’t later make you feel guilty about landing up on your hips.

As delicious as my Creamy, Low-Cal Italian Salad Dressing may be, it is also so easy to make.  It basically requires assembling the ingredients, a minium of chopping and then whirling everything together in your blender.

Another nice thing about this recipe is that if you have any leftover meats from chicken, beef, pork or tuna to hard-boiled eggs you can add to your salad for increased protein for another take on a  light, warm weather lunch or dinner meal.  

I hope that print my recipe out and give it a try.  You’ll be able to pour my salad dressing more freely to enjoy your veggies than just getting the barest taste in the old dunking method if you are watching your calories.

blender full of my Creamy, Low-Cal Italian Salad Dressing.jpeg
My Creamy, Low-Cal Italian Salad Dressing!


My Creamy, Low-Cal Italian Salad Dressing


½ cup milk (2% is what I use)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1-1/2 cups cottage cheese (I use 4%, but you can also use low-fat)
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 to ½ cup)
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
½ teaspoon of salt
½  teaspoon dry oregano leaves
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of dried basil leaves


Clean and chop the onion and garlic before taking out your blender or food processor to combine everything until creamy.

Store in your refrigerator in a covered container until ready to use.

ENJOY!