Monday, March 27, 2017

PUR Cosmetics Velvet Matte Liquid Lipsticks (Fever, Passion) Review--Are These the Perfect Mattes for you?

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Velvet Matte Liquid Lipsticks.jpeg
On the left is Passion with the Fever shade on the right.


Lipstick has always been a beauty staple for me as it is for most of us.  I think that it is a quick way to add some instant glam to your look.  PUR Cosmetics sent me two tubes of their Velvet Matte Liquid Lipsticks from their line of 10 shades with Passion and Fever.

These cruelty-free lipsticks retail for $18 a piece and come with a doe-foot applicator. They are totally vegan as well as manufactured completely free of parabens, which makes you feel even better when buying that no animals were harmed for the sake of beauty.

The colors also are extremely pigmented and do seem to glide on almost like butter instead of liquid lipstick with no detectable scent.  

Fever is a deep red brown shade, almost bordering on an vampy, oxblood color.  The problem that I found with this shade was that it accentuated the smallest bit of lip dryness.  This color also seems harder to spread, clinging to concentrate more on certain parts of the lip than others. 

The next time that I tried that deep red shade, I made it a point to exfoliate my lips first.  Still, I experienced about the same amount of the problem.  

On the other hand, I had a stunning victory with Passion.  This shade is a medium pink with some purple to it that is simply lovely.  It spread much better without any clinging to any lip dryness like the dark red and felt comfortable while leaving my lips with a great creamy matte finish that wore well through my day.

Have you tried any of these PUR Cosmetics Velvet Matte Liquid Lipsticks yet?  If not, check them out and tell me which ones that you tried!