Saturday, March 25, 2017

Recipe: My Delectable Chocolate-Pepper Cookies Have a Great Spicy Nip to Boost Your Eating Pleasure!

 
chocolate-pepper cookies.jpeg
You can pretty these yummy cookies up with a glaze, but chances are they will disappear before your eyes!

I was in the mood to bake so I began rooting through my recipe boxes.  Yes, I have tons of recipes that I transferred to three by five-inch cards from my massive cookbook collection.  I did this because I kept forgetting which cookbook had the recipe that I was hunting for.  This way, I just put a date and star by the card and put in the appropriate box so I can find it more easily.


Anyway, my fingers came across a cookie recipe that I made some time ago that I forgot about.  This one is really a delicious twist on a chocolate cookie due to the black pepper that is coaxed to bloom with even more awesomeness from the help of other spices.  When I saw it in the wrong place behind another card that I misfiled, I thought it was time to enjoy it with my family and you once again.

Just as important to how scrumptious this cookie is, I don’t file anything in my keeper recipe boxes of treasured favorites unless they are easy to make.  Complicated, detailed steps to follow with tons of expensive ingredients are not the types of recipes I bother with.  

You can frost these cookies with vanilla or chocolate glaze, but we usually can’t wait and just gobble them up plain.

When you’re hungry for something sweet, chocolate and unusual, I hope that you print out my Chocolate-Pepper Cookies recipe because it has an after kick and goes so well with a cup of coffee.


My Chocolate-Pepper Cookies

3 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
3 teaspoons of baking powder, leveled 
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon of salt
½ cup of canola or corn oil
1 large egg
½ cup of milk
1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract 


Sift your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Then add the egg, oil and vanilla and mix with your wooden spoon or large fork until the ingredients are just moistened. (This dough is not an overly wet one).  Depending on how your dry ingredients are combining, you may need to add another tablespoon or two of milk. 

You can shape the cookies two different ways since the dough is not very sticky and quite easy to work with. The first is to get your hands in there and shape into small balls and deposit them on your well-greased cookie sheets. You can flatten the cookies as I did with a bottom of a large glass, which is more convenient than hunting through my cupboard for cookie cutters.

Another way to make these cookies is to roll them out on a lightly floured surface and cut them out with your glass or cookie cutters.  

Bake your cookies in a 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes, depending on how your oven is regulated. Test with a toothpick or slender knife to see if anything sticks.

ENJOY!