Monday, December 27, 2010

Have You Ever Heard of A Water-Powered Alarm Clock?




Bedol water-powered clock.jpeg
Bedol Water-Powered Alarm Clock
If you're like me, you may have been unaware there are environmentally friendly clocks that do run on water instead of batteries or electricity.  However,  I recently won a Bedol Water-Powered Alarm Clock.  I was skeptical at first about how well this clock would work until I gave it a try.  Now I am nuts about this clock.

All  I needed to do was unscrew the top and fill it up with water to the appropriate level.   A few more presses and I set the alarm, which in my three months of use, has never missed a beat and sounds off at the exact designated time I set.  This clock is fantastic because you never have to worry about replacing any battery or worrying about the correct time if you lose power.  

You do, however, need to change the water when the time begins to fade, usually after a few months.  My screen didn't fade; but, the water looked cloudy so I decided to clean it out according to the directions.  All I added was some white vinegar, then allow the inside container to dry before resetting it.  

My only complaint with this clock is the complicated set of directions themselves--not the clock itself!  Why companies fail to write simple instructions instead of assuming all customers have a technical background stumps me.  Anyone else feel the same way?