Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scratchy Throat? You Might Want to Check Your Pantry!

I'm not giving any medical advice, but the next time you get a scratchy feeling in your throat I do have a suggestion.  You may want to try an old folk remedy.  Measure one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in one glass of warm water, gargle, and then swallow. You might want to do this gargling routine every two hours if possible.   I know this sounds disgusting but I personally use this as a first line of defense before visiting the doctor.  If you're prone to allergies like me, this little trick really helps that's why I wanted  to pass it on.   After all, it can't hurt!

Be sure to brush your teeth after each use.  Vinegar is acidic and may damage tooth enamel if left on.  

To tame a cough you might want to try taking a half glass of warm water to an equal portion of tomato juice, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of Tabasco sauce and slowly sip this drink.  This old-time folk remedy will heat up your chest and settle the cough.