Thursday, April 7, 2011

Perfect Puree of Napa Valley Strawberry Review + My Homemade Belgian Waffles With Strawberry Glaze & Whipped Cream!

*Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**


Napa Valley Strawberry.jpeg
 Strawberry Topping

I usually don't eat whipped cream, but I do splurge on occasion like I did for today's post.  Since you may be having relatives from out-of-town  this recipe is perfect to serve for a fancy brunch especially if you need to impress someone like that mother-in-law, perhaps.  Besides, you can't believe how easy it is to make your own waffles. 

Did I mention my Belgian Waffle Maker is another one of my flea market finds?  I found the one I'm using this past summer at the local flea market, new in a box, for $3.00! 

What makes me feel even happier is all that money I get to save making my own waffles instead of any of those frozen, cardboard like things that pass themselves off as waffles.  Trust me, you can never go back once you taste these delicious homemade waffles for yourself.

If you don't have a Belgian Waffle Maker, you can use this same recipe in a regular waffle maker.  You'll just get more waffles to enjoy of the skinnier variety!  Thick though waffles are so much tastier to me.

Before you begin to make the waffles themselves, you need to cook up the glaze with your Perfect Puree of Napa Valley Strawberry Puree.  Prepare and chill it before starting your waffles.  Chilling the topping helps prevent your final touch of whipped cream from sinking into your gorgeous masterpiece swimming with hot fruit!

As you know, I reviewed other Perfect Puree of Napa Valley products with wonderful results.  This particular recipe would also work exquisitely with many of their others purees such as:  Cherry, Blueberry, Blackberry, etc.  Do check them out.


Strawberry Glaze Topping:

2 cups of Perfect Puree of Napa Valley Strawberry Puree
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
3/4 cup sugar
Whipped Cream  (final touch on your waffles)

You need to add the cornstarch to the puree and sugar, then cook this mixture till thickened.  It will look like canned fruit topping.  Make this topping and chill before serving on your finished waffles topped off with a few squirts of whipped cream.

My Homemade Belgian Waffle Batter:

2 cups sifted flour
2 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder (level spoons only)
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons canola oil

Sift the dry ingredients together, add eggs and milk.  Then beat with your electric mixer or just use a whisk until everything is lump free.

homemade belgian waffle with strawberry topping.jpeg
This is my Homemade Belgian Waffle with Strawberry Glaze Topping.

second Homemade Belgian Waffle with Strawberry Glaze topping.jpeg
This is such a special breakfast!