Friday, August 10, 2012

Kenra Professional Styling Products Review--Part Five

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Platinum Texturing Taffy and Thickening Cream.jpeg
Kenra's Platinum Texturizing Taffy and Thickening Cream


We all went through it.  The day you needed your hair to look its best for that all important job interview, date, party or other social function turns out to be the worst hair day of your life!  You panic and frantically try to play with your hair or layering other products on in hopes of turning that mess around so you won't be late.  And yet, despite all your effort, your hair still looks like it belongs under a paper bag.   What's a sensible woman to do?  My advice is to try this wonderful assortment of styling products that I just finished working with from Kenra Professional, of course!

Take their Platinum Texturizing Taffy 13 for starters.  As I have mentioned many times, I have forceful hair that grows downward made worse by being blessed with a low forehead and unruly waves and curl.  However, this product is ideal for driving those long, layered bangs back as well as working with the layers around my face.  This stuff seems to build up the curls more in those layers after I finally styling with my curling iron.   You can use this on slightly damp hair or even dry to get that control and what's great about this texturing product is you can comb or brush and your hairstyle does stay put with flexible, but strong hold.  

Even though I have thick hair, I have found that a volumizing product is even better to use for the layers in your hair for pumping up those curls.  Therefore, I was interested to see how their Platinum Thickening Glaze would perform.  With a bounty of plant and fruit-based vitamins and extracts, hydrolyzed silk protein, UV defense, and really rich oils, this product strengthens and protects from that damaging heat from your styling tools and the sun as well as provide gentle hold. As a result, I worked some through my slightly damp hair the next time I finished shampooing before styling. 

For those hard to handle bangs, I turned to their Firm Hold Gel 23.  This is a non-alcohol formulation  that has an extra bonus of maximum hold with a shine.  You can use it on damp or dry hair, but I always prefer working this type of product on slightly damp hair for the best results.

Kenra's Firm Hold Gel.jpeg
Kenra's Firm Hold Gel

Finally, before I pulled out my blow-dryer, I eyed the Platinum Silkening Gloss and applied some for increasing shine.  This is like icing on a cake because when I was finally through drying and then curling with my iron, I had gorgeous, fuller curls without any untamed flyaways that was the shiniest hair ever.  My horrible bangs even obeyed due to this gel and stayed back just to gracefully sweep to the side.  

Kenra's Silkening Gloss.jpeg
Kenra's Silkening Gloss

I had one more Kenra product left to test and it was their Artformation Spray 18.  Another winner here because this hair spray delivered firm hold and even more of a shine.  What else I liked about it was that my style held up throughout my day even when I needed to brush it back when it caught some wind.

Kenra's Artformation Spray 18.jpeg
Kenra's Artformation Spray 18

Why take chances wondering if your hair will look good when you have Kenra Professional!  I honestly think you will love these products or any of the other products that I have shared with you because they don't disappoint.  Take it from me, Mary, this company can keep you looking beautiful so do pick some up and stop worrying about your hair.  

*Disclaimer:  This is my own honest opinion.  Free products were provided to facilitate this review.*