Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Melvita's Algascience Contouring Serum Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Melvita's Algascience Contouring Serum.jpeg
Melvita's Algascience Contouring Serum


Although there is debate whether cellulite products really can break down fatty deposits that always seem to find a way to our thighs, hips, and backsides, I do know what I have been testing from organic beauty brand, Melvita with their Algascience Contouring Serum does help smooth those unsightly dimpled areas for a better appearance.

The science behind this product works with the biological rhythms of the body and incorporates a specially formulated smart system of a 3-seaweed complex of Corralline (to burn fat cells and prevent storage of it), Palmaria (for drainage of that fat), and Fucus along with Caffeine (for contouring). 

Although it is recommended to use their Exfoliating Soap first to prepare the targeted areas, I only received the serum.  However, I used a body brush and followed with a massaging device with rubber teeth to get the circulation going. 

I had used a loofah in the past with other cellulite products to prepare before I applied this type of product, but I do not like the germs I later learned they harbor.  You can also use a rolling pin over those humps and bumps first, which also does stimulate the blood flow. 

Once I stepped out of the shower both morning and night, I worked my hand over those bad spots and pinched and kneaded for about five minutes for extra blood flow before applying the Algascience Contouring Serum.  I rubbed that serum in those areas using circular motions until it dried.

After several weeks now, I did notice improvement from that former grapefruit texture.  I can't say everything has smoothed  to perfection or for how long this effect will last since you are advised to use their recommended Slimming Oil to maintain those results, but the skin does look smoother and firmer than before I began using this product.  What woman wouldn't like that end result when looking in a full-length mirror?  Therefore, I am pleased! 

*Disclaimer:  This is my own honest opinion.  A free product was provided to facilitate this review.*