Sunday, September 30, 2012

Recipe: Make a Weekend Outstanding With My Spicy Oatmeal Drop Cookies!

flour-and-butter-for-cookie-baking.jpeg
You can use butter or vegetable shortening to make my delicious Spicy Oatmeal Drop Cookies.



After another hard week in this game of life, I think we all deserve a weekend treat like with a few of my spicy oatmeal drop cookies.  This recipe elevates the ordinary oatmeal cookie to new heights with the addition of a sassy blend of spices and molasses along with more chewing pleasure from chopped peanuts and raisins.  If this doesn't sound tempting enough, the aroma of these baking will fill your house with such a delicious cinnamon aroma that is far better than any similar air freshener or candle on the market.


Cookie Baking Tips That Simplify Efforts


You can use a tablespoon to drop this dough onto your greased cookie sheets.  However, I recommend a small size ice cream scoop is a great way to speed up the process for dropping these cookies.  Keep a cup filled with water near you while you use your ice cream scoop to dip into once it starts to stick will correct that problem for you.

Large size ice cream scoops work just as well if you want to make giant cookies.  I always use my large ice scoop when I am making giant size muffins.

I really think you are going to enjoy these so when you're in the mood for a warm taste of the fall season, I hope you start with my recipe.

My Spicy Oatmeal Drop Cookies

1/2 cup of vegetable shortening or butter
3/4 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon of ginger
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of molasses (light or dark)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1-1/2 cups of flour
1/4 cup of milk
1-1/2 cups of rolled oats (quick or old-fashioned)
1/2 cup of peanuts, chopped
1 cup of raisins

Cream shortening and sugar thoroughly with your electric mixture before adding the salt, cinnamon, and molasses to beat in along with the egg.

Sift together the baking soda with the flour and add to the creamed mixture.

Add the milk, oats, peanuts, and raisins next and stir through.

Drop from tablespoons or using your small ice cream scoop onto greased baking sheets.

Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 12-15 minutes until done.

This makes about five dozen cookies.

ENJOY!