Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Aveda's Pure Abundance Style Prep Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Aveda's Pure Abundance Style Prep.jpeg
Aveda's Pure Abundance Style Prep


Are you like me and constantly on the hunt for hair styling products to add more volume?  As I previously explained, my own hair is thick with lots of wave and curl to it, but I am never without a volumizing product to apply to my layers to make those curls pop and spring to life.   In my opinion, a styling product of this sort should be on practically everyone's radar not just those with fine or thin hair for the extraordinary difference it can make.  So when I had the opportunity to review Aveda's Pure Abundance Style Prep on my own head, I couldn't wait to put it to the test.  

What I like about Aveda is their commitment to achieving beauty without sacrificing the environment or the consumer's well-being.  Thus, this company goes through great lengths incorporating that philosophy into each of their products while also striving to use as much naturally derived ingredients as possible like the botanical blend of passion fruit, rice bran, acai oil, organic aloe, and acacia gum for thickening in Pure Abundance Style Prep while a  natural polymer derived from corn is what the company uses to build volume.

This product comes as spray.  After I freshly shampooed and conditioned, I shook the bottle well and then gave my  towel-dried hair several small squirts and combed it through before using my blow-dryer.  This has a wonderful earthy herbal sort of fragrance that was soothing, almost like a bit of aromatherapy while drying, which was very nice and relaxing.  Furthermore, this spray was non-sticky and felt weightless when touched as my hair shaped up in the process of drying.

By the time I finished styling, I liked what I saw in my mirror with how this product worked.  My curls plumped up where I needed them to be and even where I sprayed near my roots somewhat lifted, which I really loved since it took some of that forceful weight away from my long side bangs.

Usually, I shampoo every day.  However, I wanted to see how this product would work when I skipped a day and just relied on restyling with some of this spray.  I was surprised how it managed to puff up my style again without weighing it down.  Instead, it felt clean and just as fresh.  

Aveda's Pure Abundance Style Prep retails for $24 for a 3.4 oz. bottle.  Take if from me, this is a nice product to have around for thickening hair and giving it lift with volume.