Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Shake Excitement Into Your Hair! "Rock Your Hair" Hair Care System by Michael Rourke (Review)

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**
 "Rock Your Hair" Hair Care System.jpeg
 "Rock Your Hair" Hair Care System

When a representative from Rock Your Hair by celebrity stylist, Michael Rourke reached out and asked if I would be willing to try their hair care system, I was not familiar with this company or their products.  However, I thought I would give it a shot because there always might be something better out there that out performed my current stash.  

Today, I want to tell especially those ladies with fine hair or lots of layers that I just may have discovered the ultimate help you're looking for because this system of "Rock Your Hair" products went beyond my expectations with what it can do!

The Big Hair Rocks Shampoo was what I started with.  This has a pleasing mild scent while being color-safe and free of sulfates as well as parabens to work gently.   The product produced a wonderful lather that kept me company with delicious smelling bubbles as I shampooed.

Once I rinsed, I followed with the color-safe, sulfate and paraben free Big Hair Rocks Conditioner.  This is a lightweight moisturizing conditioner with a thinner creamy consistency than what I am accustomed to.  Nonetheless, it did what I needed to help untangle hair. 

If you regularly read my posts, you know how dry my hair can get.  Therefore, I was glad the company provided a deeper conditioner in the form of their Miracle Leave-In Conditioner Weightless Detangler.  This is a nourishing spray with soy, wheat and oat proteins to strengthen and repair hair from shaft to ends.  After I towel-dried, I found this stuff took care of any remaining knots.

Several volumizing styling products were sent out.  Since two of them specifically built up hair, I used each on separate days.  The first time I went with the Size Matters Big Volume Root Lift.  This is a humidity protecting and volumizing mousse that I worked a small amount into my layers and ends. 

As I mentioned, I do have lots of thick, layered hair with a natural wave to it.  Even so, I regularly use volumizing products more often than curling styling products.   Anyone with layers or if you have a curl to your hair need to try this type of styling product for the wonderful difference they can make.

What awaited me when I finished with blow-drying my hair was tons more fat, shiny curls without any crunchy feel or horrible stickiness.  My curls, which I used my diffuser on had great bounce and body.  To preserve that glorious look I turned to Spray It Hard Big Volume Hairspray to finish it off.

I didn't have to wait long for this spray to dry.  It locked my style in place for hours only with a firm, not flexible hold.  You might compare this hair spray more to a freeze spray with the power of hold it possesses.  Unlike the choking smell of some hair sprays, this one had more of a pleasant fragrance to it.

I went with the last volumizing styling product:  Bombshell Big Hair Powder the next day I played with my hair.  You need to sprinkle this powder sparingly or your hair will feel greasy, which I soon learned when I applied too much.  Though I was disappointed with myself for being overzealous, I attempted my experiment again the following day.  

This time I was careful.  What came next was incredible from how a light dusting of this talc and mica-based powder lifted the layers like magic.  I was especially impressed on  how it worked on my long, layered bangs to change the style around. This rocks for building up the top.

The prices of these girly hot pink bottles with shiny rhinestone hearts are reasonable.  Expect to pay anywhere from $7.20 to around $22 or less for any of this system's products.  Just know Rock Your Hair does shake things up when it comes to giving big, gorgeous hair--so do take a look and rock on!