Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Best Garlic Salad Dressing You Will Ever Eat Awaits!


If you love an Italian type of a vinaigrette dressing, then you are in for a treat with the recipe that I have for you today.  My garlic salad dressing recipe blooms to life with more fresh onion and garlic than herbs, but it will remind you of that delicious flavor only with a slight twist.  Just by adding balsamic vinegar and a bit of dry mustard pumps the flavor factor even more as it pulls all the goodness from those finely chopped onions and garlic to make this dressing so special.  

Trust me on this, when those ingredients merge and allowed enough time to fully combine,  the result is such an incredible taste that you want simply want to make this dressing over and over again.  

Another thing you will love about this recipe is how very easy it is to whip up.  The hardest part is peeling and finely chopping the onion and garlic.  The rest is just assembling.

Although you can use all olive oil to make this, I advise cutting it down with canola oil.  I have found that refrigerating homemade salad dressing using an extra virgin olive oil especially will harden when it comes time to use it.  Of course, you can let it warm at room temperature for a while to solve this.  However, I think it is easier just to the olive oil half and half with the canola when you're in a rush to feed your hungry tribe.

You will need a tightly covered jar container to store and trust for shaking.  I prefer glass.  Nonetheless, if you don't have a container handy, you can always improvise.  A large size emptied peanut butter jar will do the trick when you find yourself container less.  

In fact, those plastic peanut butter jars are great for storing lots of things.  I use the small sizes in my garage with nails and screws.  This way you can keep them in better view and organized.  Others I put things in like buttons, but the list of what you can do is endless.  You get the idea.   

I honestly hope you make my dressing because it is not to be missed!  

My Best Garlic Salad Dressing

1/2 cup of olive oil 
1/2 cup of canola oil
1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
3 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 medium onion ( about 1/2 cup), finely chopped

Clean, peel, and chop and mince the onions and garlic.

Then combine all the ingredients in a covered container and refrigerator.

This makes about two cups and keeps nicely!

ENJOY!