Saturday, September 14, 2013

Recipe: Try My Apple Cream Fruit Salad for A Delicious Change of Pace!

Today, I wanted to share a very easy recipe with you for my Apple Cream Fruit Salad.  I used to like to make this delicious salad for lunch quite often when I had my apple tree. 

Picture chopped apples, walnuts, and celery submerged in a fluffy mix of marshmallow creme, mayonnaise, and whipping cream.  Raisins added to the combination lend more sweetness to that subtle velvety richness and contrast against the meatier walnuts and celery for a delightful balance of taste and texture.

You also can be creative with other additions to this recipe.  Feel free to include some seedless grapes, if you desire.  Other fruits like some chopped orange segments, peach, or some banana slices also are wonderful.

I do hope you try my recipe sometime because it is filling and scrumptious!

My Apple Cream Fruit Salad

1/4 cup of marshmallow creme
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 cup of whipping cream (whipped until fluffy)
2-1/2 cups of chopped apples (any variety except for Granny Smith)
1 cup of finely chopped celery
1/2 cup of raisins
3/4 cup of finely chopped walnuts

Beat the whipping cream until it is fluffy.

Then, add the remaining ingredients and mix everything until well combined.

Chill until ready to serve.

This will serve at least four.

ENJOY!