Friday, December 6, 2013

The Perfect Holiday Indulgence for Your Sweet Tooth--My Wickedly Delicious Coffee-Almond Bars Supreme!


My Coffee-Almond Bars Supreme.jpeg
My Coffee-Almond Bars Supreme

The holidays are the ideal time to start baking all sorts of heavenly treats to have on hand like a variety of delectable cookies.  One of the best bar cookies that I ever made is this particular recipe for my Coffee-Almond Bars Supreme that I want to share with you.  

It is a shame that there is no way that you can taste this fine-textured cookie through the computer with its intense almond and coffee flavor, clinging to every crumb, enhancing the peanut butter and brown sugar taste.  Adding some yummy chocolate chips to the equation does further compliment those ingredients and one out-of-this-world bar cookie is born!  


My Coffee-Almond Bars Supreme Bars front view.jpeg
My delicious Coffee-Almond Bars can be addictive!

Now I had made this easy recipe many times before with wonderful results.  However, I can honestly say Nielsen-Massey Vanillas pure extracts are so concentrated flavorings that it pumped up the taste beyond belief.  Any doubters to my claim, then I do challenge you to do your own comparison with your normal pure extracts and then make that recipe again with Nielsen-Massey Vanillas.  Once you do, I know you will want to have their wonderful products in your kitchen as well.  

By the way, this cookie does not have any eggs in it so don't think I missed an ingredient.  It does stick together. 

I will be sharing more incredible holiday recipes with you that I made using Nielsen-Massey Vanillas products in the near future like my sinfully rich Chocolate-Peppermint Mallow Pie

When you do start your cookie baking, I hope you print my recipe and make these to serve your family and guests.  They will be nuts about them--and you for baking these.

My Coffee-Almond Bars Supreme

1 cup margarine or butter (not spread)
1 cup of brown sugar (light or dark)
1 teaspoon of Nielsen-Massey Vanillas Pure Almond Extract
1-1/2 teaspoons of Nielsen-Massey Vanillas Pure Coffee Extract
2-1/4 cups of sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, leveled
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1  6-oz. package of chocolate chips
1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter

All you do is cream your butter, sugar, extracts, and peanut butter with your electric mixture until well combined.

Add your dry ingredients and mix through before pouring in the chocolate chips.

Press into a greased 13" x 9"-baking pan and bake in a 350-degree oven for about 30-35 minutes, depending on how your oven is regulated.

Test with a toothpick or a slender knife to see if anything sticks.

ENJOY!

Coffee-Almond Bars Supreme, uncut.jpeg
This is my Coffee-Almond Bars, uncut and fresh from the oven.