Tuesday, October 28, 2014

NYC New York Color Fashion Queen Collection of In a Minute Nail Polishes and Queen Jewels Crystal Couture Top Coats Review for Fall, 2014 + SWATCHES!

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**
NYC New York Color Fashion Queen Collection of In a Minute Nail Polishes.jpeg
Starting on the left in the above photo 002 Queen of the City, then 003 Crown Gold, and ending with 001 Royal Chic on the right.



NYC New York Color created a lot of dramatic nail looks for Fall with their Fashion Queen Collection of three New York Color In a Minute Nail Polishes ($1.99) and six product line of Queen Jewels Crystal Couture Top Coats ($1.99).  

New York Color In a Minute Nail Polish, Royal Chic 001 is a deep brown with a hint of plum to make it more exotic. Flowing like a dark rich burgundy wine is 002 Queen of the City, my favorite among the group.  Then again, 003 Crown Gold is a bronze-gold, which also warmed my heart for how nicely it accented short nails.

I also received three of the Queen Jewels Crystal Couture Top Coats to try out.  001 Fashion Queen had big chunks of glitter in two tones of gold.  003 NY Princess also was heavy on the glitter with two tones of a majestic purple.  Those two were just all right.  The large glitter failed to spread evenly and gathered in spots.  This size of glitter was a bit too gaudy and distracting for my taste, if truth is told.


NYC New York Color Crystal Couture Top Coats.jpeg
On the left is 003 NY Princess with 001 Fashion Queen in the middle and ending with my fave shade of 006 Rule the City.

On the other hand, I loved the effect of the last Queen Jewels Crystal Couture Top Coat, 006 Rule the City.  This was a striking gunmetal shade that had a stylish, shimmery base and tiny bits of red-plum glitter to pop it to life discreetly without looking gaudy.  It painted on evenly to make it win more points with me.

NYC New York Color Fashion Queen Nail polishes swatches.jpeg
Starting with my thumb and working over to my index finger on my left hand is 002 Queen of the City, then 003 Crown Gold, 003 NY Princess,  006 Rule the City, and ending with 001 Royal Chic on my little finger.  My right hand has 001 Royal Chic with a top coat of 001 Fashion Queen on the thumb. 001 Fashion Queen is also on my right index finger.

NYC New York Color 002 Nail Polish.jpeg
This is 002 Queen of the City.

Do check this limited edition NYC New York Fashion Queen Collection out when looking to updating your Fall nail polishes and top coats.  I think you will like what you see once you hit the drug store where you shop.  


 *Disclaimer: Free products were provided to facilitate this review--not my opinion.*