Friday, December 19, 2014

Meet the Japanese Green Approach to Skin Care--Valia Skin Care Products (Review)

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**
Valia Cleansing Milk.jpeg
Valia Cleansing Milk

A fascinating company that reached out to me was Valia with their approach to skin care based on implementing biotechnology and green chemistry through Japanese ingredients. I was sent the Cleansing Milk, Purifying Wash and their Yuzu Hydrating Creme to try out.

If you are cautious as to what you put on your face and those suspect ingredients that could be less than healthy, then you would appreciate what ingredients are excluded in each of these three products.  There are no parabens, propylene glycol, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, MEA/DEA/TEA, artificial colors, alcohol, fragrances, fillers, and animal by-products.

Each of these plant-based products with its Japanese herbal extracts and essential oils treated my skin with utmost care.  Let me share my typical day on how I used this regime.

My day usually began with washing with their Cleansing Milk ($35) instead of soap that has aloe vera, coconut oil, and papain from the papaya.  This product is said to work well also for people with acne or eczema as well as dry skin like mine.  My skin felt comfortable afterwards without stripping any oils by using very little of this gel-cream cleanser.  It left only softness and a bit more brightness behind maybe due to the rice bran oil. 

At night, I tended to grab their Purifying Wash ($34) to cleanse and remove makeup. Other times, I went with the Cleansing Milk. This lighter weight product, however, felt like it cleaned deeper when taking makeup off. Being the wash had green tea, vitamin C and yuzu for helping with cell renewal, I thought it also was an excellent choice to prep for the Yuzu Hydrating Creme that came next.


Valia Purifying Wash.jpeg
Valia Purifying Wash
Unlike a rich, heavy cream, the Yuzu Hydrating Creme ($47) has a lighter souffle like consistency that melts quickly into the skin without any greasy or sticky feel to it and gave my complexion a soft rosy glow and soothing comfort after the first time I even used it.   This formula has sweet almond oil, licorice root, papain, and Job’s tears, which is abundant in amino acids, vitamins and skin-supporting minerals for moisturizing, revitalizing, improving skin texture, and brightness.

Valia Yuzu Hydrating Creme.jpeg
Valia Yuzu Hydrating Creme

I liked how these products worked on my complexion and the daily improvement I noticed over time.  Do check out these Valia  skin care products for yourself because they could be your own skin's solution.


*Disclaimer: Free products were provided to facilitate this review--not my opinion.*