Thursday, August 6, 2015

Review: SkinnyMint 28-DayTeatox

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**
SkinnyMint 28-DayTeatox.jpeg
SkinnyMint 28-Day Teatox 


When SkinnyMint contacted me about their tea to detox the body with,  I didn’t hesitate to take their 28-day teatox challenge.  I wasn’t about to give up food and ate normally since losing weight wasn’t my major concern.  However, trying to wean myself off of my coffee addiction and the bloating caused from that habit was my goal.

I received a package of 28 tea bags of their Morning Boost that you need to drink before breakfast and another with 14 bags in their Night Cleanse that you drink every other night.  

To be honest, it was hard smelling a fresh pot of coffee that was dripping down while I put my hot water on to boil for my tea.  Nonetheless, my guy is not detoxing and likes a cup with his breakfast unlike me that finishes off the pot.  So while he was drinking his coffee, I was dunking my bag of Morning Boost in my cup.  

The taste is a pleasantly pleasing fruity blend with green tea, yerba mate, nettle, dandelion, guarana seed, grapefruit, strawberries, and pineapples without any bitterness.  Though I enjoyed drinking that first cup, I got to admit that it took a few days to get used to starting my day off with this tea over my coffee.  

Every other night, I made a cup of their Night Cleanse brew, which has a stronger mint taste.  What this tea is designed for is to keep your system regular and moving instead of contributing to a big, heavy stomach. With its ginger root, orange leaves, lemongrass, senna leaves, peppermint, licorice root and hawthorn berries, this tea does have a laxative effect.

What I did notice was my stomach was much flatter without my million cups of coffee to pump it up. SkinnyMint does keep the bloat away nicely.  I can’t say that I became more energetic drinking this tea than usual, then again I get up at 4:30 A.M., which would make this a miracle if it could achieve that.  On the other hand, I did drop two pounds in the process. My guess is the reason is probably water weight from drinking less coffee.  

Whether your goal is health related or you’re hoping to drop a few pounds, if you’re looking to rid your body of toxins, SkinnyMint will give you a good start!  Check their website out.

*Disclaimer:  Free products were provided to facilitate this review--not my opinion.*