Saturday, September 26, 2015

Recipe: Fall Is a Great Time to Enjoy One of My Special Baked Tuna Sandwiches!

My Special Baked Tuna Sandwich closed.jpeg
My Special Baked Tuna Sandwich makes a great nutritious lunch.


Today I want to share a delicious take on tuna that makes for a part of a great hot lunch. Along with tuna, this sandwich is brimming with cheese, some black olives, hard-cooked eggs, bit of onion with a creamy, flavored up dressing that once baked and served on a fresh homemade bun gives this something extra that makes it incredibly delicious and hard to explain. 

What could be better than a quick, hot protein-packed lunch that doesn’t take long to throw together? I hope that you will print my recipe out and give it a try because even admitted tuna fish haters in my house seem to love this recipe.

Then again, this sandwich also tastes fantastic on warm days with this filling even unbaked!



My Special Baked Tuna Sandwiches


Special Tuna Sandwich filling.jpeg
This filling is a hit whether you want to enjoy your sandwich color or heat those ingredients through in the oven.

1 can of tuna, drained (6-oz. size)
1/4 black olives, sliced
½ cup of Velveeta cheese, cubed                              
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1/3 cup of mayonnaise or salad dressing
3 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish
1/4 of cup of chopped onion 
1/4 teaspoon of prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon of salt
4 fresh baked buns 

Preheat your oven to 400-degrees.

Prepare and combine all the ingredients, except for the buns and mix together in your mixing bowl.

Spoon the filling mixture into your waiting buns before wrapping them in foil and placing on your baking sheet.

Bake these sandwiches for about 10 minutes to get them piping hot.  Once you unwrap that foil, they will be nice and bubbly.

ENJOY!

My Special Baked tuna sandwich opened.jpeg
This tuna filling always tastes even better served on one of my fresh homemade buns.