Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Besides Shaping the Figure and Improving Overall Health, Why Exercise Is Good for Your Brain!

jogging woman.jpeg
This beauty knows the value of exercise for keeping toned and focused.

If we’re being honest here, how many of us exercise as often as we should?  After all, our days are jam-packed between work and family that there just doesn’t seem to be enough time or energy left alone to think about it.  I was one of those people that made those excuses for avoiding exercise since I am practically attached to the computer almost like I was wired in from early morning until night like many of us now are. 

However, sitting too long at a time is not good for circulation, the backside or the brain. Yet, what if I told you that even the smallest amount of exercise can help you get on the right track?  

While true, it is also a fact that a regular exercise routine can shape, improve your overall health, but there are also mental benefits worth considering as well.  For starters, there has been documented studies that prove cardiovascular exercise have the power to generate the development of brain cells and stimulate how the brain functions for more creative thinking besides keeping the memory sharp.

The next time that you are tackling a difficult project, I do recommend stopping for a few minutes and take a short break.  Consider doing some stretches, take a short walk around the office or outside just to get the blood pumping.  You will be surprised at how that timeout has spurred your thoughts just by concentrating on a physical activity instead. You won’t be wasting all that much time, but will gain more. 

Another perk of exercise is that rush of happiness that you’ll feel from all those endorphins that get triggered in the brain.  If you’re seriously stressed, do something physical, which will help more than you might expect from all the norepinephrine your brain will release.  

Once I took a hard glance at my naked self in the mirror and saw what blogging was doing to my backside, I went to work trying to get my old one back.  Gradually, I scheduled a time for myself that I had to take a walk or go for a run or do various exercises each day.  At first, it was ten minutes, then the time increased the more I became accustomed to it. The strange thing that I discovered is I now do look forward to my workout time with the added confidence I now have upon seeing my new results.  What I'm saying is changing your body image also changes how you see yourself.  Feeling sexier and more attractive gives you more self-esteem.