Saturday, October 22, 2016

Recipe: Who Is in the Mood for My No Work Chocolate-Peppermint Drops?

Chocolate-Peppermint Drops.jpeg
This drop cookie is not only delicious, but as simple as they come!



This morning I was in the mood to bake, but  I wasn’t sure what it would be.  The only thing I knew was that it had to be something easy and bursting with chocolate.  After scanning through my recipes, I finally decided on the perfect one. 

My No Work Chocolate-Peppermint Drops are puffy cookies, but not soft or hard. These yummy delights have a wonderful, in between texture brimming with finely, chopped walnuts and flavor fortified with peppermint extract, which magnificently compliments the chocolate.

Just like my other recipes, this one is simple and won’t require any creaming of butter, margarine or shortening.  Instead, you just do some basic combining of oil, sugar, eggs, and the rest of the ingredients before you drop by tablespoon onto your greased cookie sheets. Do allow them plenty of room because they will expand.

My No Work Chocolate-Peppermint Drops


3/4 cup of canola oil
1 cup of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
2 teaspoons of baking powder, leveled
½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup of finely chopped walnuts
3 large eggs
2 cups of sifted flour


Add the oil, sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl and beat with your electric mixer or with your whisk until combined before adding the rest of the ingredients.

Drop by tablespoon onto your greased cookie sheets and bake in a 350-degree oven for about 10-12 minutes, depending on how your oven is regulated.  

Test with a toothpick to determine if thoroughly baked.

ENJOY!