Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Pur Cosmetics Transformation Sculpting Eye Shadow and Cheek Palette Review–Ideal for Holiday Beauty or Gifting!

*Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**


Transformation palette.jpeg
This is a wonderful palette to help glamorize your look for the holidays. 


The holidays are a festive time and you want makeup that can help you dazzle.  This is why I’m so excited about Pur Cosmetics Transformation Sculpting Eye Shadow and Cheek Palette ($32) that I have been experimenting with lately.

This palette has five powder eye shadows, one which can double as an eye liner besides a cream matte bronzer and blush inside a hard metal-like case.  What makes this palette so awesome is what you can do with these stunning colors that include jewel-like metallic and rich matte shades for playing up the eyes especially and cheeks.  

These eye shadows really deliver a lot of color that manages to cling even better to your lids than you might expect.  According to the box, it has Moroccan lava clay, which could have something to do with lessening fallout.  It also has ingredients for skin care, but my sensitive eyes really loved how the powder stayed on my applicator instead of landing up in my eyes as they can do.

As to the exact shades, they are as follows:

Eye shadow in Original (champagne metallic)
Eye shadow in Alter (deep coral matte)
Eye shadow in Re-werk (deep plum with shimmer)
Eye shadow in Metamorphosis (true gold metallic)
Eye shadow in Bleeding Edge (true black with shimmer)
Bronzer in Tailor Made (matte bronze)
Blush in Brand New (muted coral with shimmer)

If you want to embrace the upcoming holiday season, you might want to try this when working on your eyes. Start with a liquid concealer to mask any darkness or veins on the lid.  Be sure to blend in well with a brush before setting with a pale matte bone shadow or powder. If you don’t any issues, then skip this and just prime your eyes.

Next, I brushed on just a little of the dark orange shade for definition on the crease and blended until it was smooth and muted.  When I was satisfied it was soft enough, I went to the burgundy shadow and applied a bit to the outer V corners before returning to the orange shade again.  I swept on more of it to the original spot and blended into the burgundy edges, then I grabbed some of that gorgeous gold color for the other half of the lid, dabbing with my brush more toward the middle until it was amply rich.  Taking a clean brush, I used some of the champagne color for the inner corners and to highlight the brow area, followed by more blending.  

To line my eyes, I made use of the black cream powder with my eyeliner brush. You have a few seconds until it dries for smudging, but I wanted a thinner line.  In case, you want a more dramatic, bolder look, try liquid liner or an eyeliner pen.  

The cream bronzer was ideal to contour my cheeks with and melded into my skin nicely before testing the warm coral-pink cheek color that was equally attractive.

I really thought Pur Cosmetics did an excellent job with this newer Transformation Sculpting Eye Shadow and Cheek Palette.  Be good to yourself and do check this palette out for getting glam for all those holiday parties!