Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Recipe: Blast Winter’s Cold With My Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix!


hot chocolate mix.jpeg
Warm up with a mug of my delicious hot cocoa!


Are you like me and can’t get enough chocolate?  Who doesn’t love hot cocoa on a cold winter day or night? With winter here there is nothing better for my chocolate fix than a steaming mug of hot cocoa made with my homemade hot cocoa mix.  

You can try it as is or you can scale it up to make an even larger batch.  This makes a great homemade gift too! 

My Homemade Cocoa Mix

5 cups powdered milk 
3 cups of powdered sugar 
1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder 
1 cup of a powdered coffee creamer 
4 teaspoons of cornstarch 
1/4 teaspoon of salt 

You can mix these dry ingredients in your food process or just mix this in a big bowl. Once you have it mixed, find a nice, sealable container to store it in. 

I put 1/3 cup of this mix into a coffee mug and add boiling water to fill the cup. Stir it and you've made and easy replacement for all those costly packets. 

Be creative with extra toppings like whipped cream or marshmallows. 

ENJOY!