Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Recipe: Today Is a Good Time to Bake My Easy Molasses Drop Cookies!

molasses drop cookies.jpeg
Wouldn't you love to try one with a hot cup of coffee right about now?


Though spring is around the corner, winter is hanging in there with snow storms for most of the country.  On days like this, I like to bake something delicious to help put smiles on faces when my family walks through the door, cold and disgusted.  What I decide to make depends on how much I have left to do on my schedule so I search my recipe box for the easiest goodies that I didn’t make in awhile like the cookie recipe that I’m about to share with you.

My Easy Molasses Drop Cookies are quick and simple drop cookies that don’t need you to take out your electric mixer. These little gems are packed with spicy flavor and use oil and just a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients.

Regardless of how busy you are, you can get this cookie recipe together in no time.   Follow my directions and you will see how to save yourself steps and still enjoy some delicious tasting cookies!

My Easy Molasses Drop Cookies


3/4 cup of corn or canola oil
1/4 cup of molasses (light, dark or blackstrap)
1 large egg
1 cup of sugar
2-1/2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda, leveled
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons of hot water
3/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
½ teaspoons of ginger
1 teaspoon of cinnamon


Sift together: flour, baking soda, spices, salt, and sugar in your mixing bowl.

Next, add the egg, oil and water and mix with your spoon into the dry ingredients.

Grease your cookie sheets and heat the oven to 350-degrees while you begin to drop by teaspoons or to shape the cookies in small balls.  The dough is pliable enough to grab heaping teaspoons and form small balls.  To make a design, press each ball down with your fork.

Bake at 350-degrees for about 10-12 minutes, depending on how your oven is regulated. 

Let the cookies cool in the pan for about fives minutes before taking your spatula to them.  They will be soft. Those few minutes give them the chance to harden.

ENJOY!