Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Pereg Natural Foods Kaniwa Baby Quinoa, Freekeh With Vegetables, Teff Ivory Porridge, and Farro Super Food Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

4 boxes of grains.jpeg
Expand your eating universe by introducing different healthy grains into your diet.

Ancient grains are becoming increasingly popular the more that people are trying to stay healthy.  To be truthful, I have never sampled these types of grains before until Pereg Natural Foods sent me a box of these products.

The first one I prepared was the Teff Ivory Porridge.  According to the package instruction, this box serves two–-maybe giants but hardly the same serving size compared to one of our standbys of oatmeal for breakfast.  Serving four is more realistic.

This Teff Porridge is a beige-brown color that reminds me somewhat of cream of wheat, but thicker.  We added a little sugar and milk.  We found it more filling than cream of wheat as well.

The Freekeh with Vegetables has a rice like grain with a barley sort of chewy texture to it.  It was accompanied by a mix of various vegetables such as carrots, peppers, onions along with spices and herbs. This made a great change of pace for a side dish.

The Farro Superfood is from the wheat family and sort of reminds me of wild rice.  It also made a tasty, healthy side dish with all the protein, fiber, magnesium and iron.

Lastly, there was Kaniwa Baby Quinoa with all its proteins and amino acids.  I wasn’t exactly sure how best to make this dark reddish-brown ancient grain.  After preparing it as directed, I improvised after my initial taste.  I added some Parmesan cheese, a little butter and some salt to help it along.  It has a fine texture with some crunch that at times can be a bit gritty.  This is just my opinion, but I can understand why it became an ancient grain.

If you’re looking to improve your diet with some new, healthier grains, Pereg Natural Foods is a good place to start your new food journey. My favorites were the Freekeh with Vegetables, Teff Porridge and the Farro Super Food.  Check them out.