Saturday, June 10, 2017

Recipe: My Country Cabbage Casserole Makes a Quick and Healthy Light Meal!

Country Cabbage Casserole.jpeg
Tumeric gives this dish a beautiful deep yellow color.


This is the time of year when cabbage is very reasonable so I made this recipe that I’m about to share with you.  My Country Cabbage Casserole has plenty of finely chopped onions and chopped cabbage browning to provide a wonderful subtle sweetness to offset the cottage cheese and curry-like turmeric, salt, pepper and sugar before meeting with the macaroni, giving it a unique taste that we love here.

My recipe is also so simple, inexpensive and happens to be a great light, healthy meal to serve.  Not only is turmeric a tasty spice, it can possibly help lower cholesterol, blood sugar and ease arthritis pain. Nonetheless, you should avoid this if you take blood thinners.

Safflower Oil.jpeg
BR Naturals Safflower Oil is organic and simply extra flavorful!


I hope when you want to cook the family something different that you will want to give my recipe a try at your house.  I do think you will like it.


My Country Cabbage Casserole


1 small head of cabbage, cleaned and chopped in small pieces
8-oz. of cottage cheese
2 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni
½ teaspoons of ground turmeric
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoons of black pepper
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 cup of BR Naturals Safflower Organic Oil
1 medium onion (about ½ cup chopped)


Cook your macaroni while browning your finely chopped onion and chopped cabbage in the oil until golden brown.

After draining the macaroni and the vegetables have browned till the right tenderness, mix the two together in your pot.

Now add the cottage cheese, spices, sugar and mix through.

Serve immediately.

ENJOY!