Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Boosting Fall 2017 Beauty With Vasanti Cosmetics

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

cosmetics group.jpeg
It's that time of year to refresh your makeup collection.  



Fall will arrive before you know it.  Of course, you’ll want to update your makeup to go along with this new season.  Canadian beauty brand, Vasanti Cosmetics sent along a variety of their products that could help get you off to a good start that you might want to take a look at.  

I’ll begin with their Liquid Cover Up-Oil Free Foundation and Concealer ($25) for the 0.54 fl. oz. tube.  This is a cruelty and paraben free product that comes in 11 shades. Unfortunately, I received the V3 for medium neutral to medium-golden skin, which was entirely too dark to wear, instead of V1 fair to light. 

swatches of foundation, bronzer, blush duo.jpeg
Here I swatched the Blush Duo, Bronzer and foundation for you.


The color was so drastic that I would look like a clown if I applied it straight from the tube.  Therefore, I squeezed a small amount and mixed it with a moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer for this review.  The formula even sheered down feels comfortable and left me with decent light coverage that lasted without migrating to lines or caking up through my day.  While the depth of color was improved, the shade was still far too orange for my skin tone, which was disappointing.  

Wonders of the World Concealer Duo ($26) has three shades to choose from. One side of this compact has a lighter shade for under the eyes while the other side of the pan is deeper for handling any blemishes or scars that you need to hide.  
concealer duo.jpeg
This color is inappropriate for fair to light skin.  Why it was sent, I can't understand.


Why I received the darkest in this line with O2 for medium to medium deep with yellow undertones baffles me since I stated I was fair to light.  I couldn’t wear this product in public or people might think I awakened from the dead with the dark rings it created, but I sampled the formula in the house just for this review.  I thought it spread and blended well and didn’t crease easily during the short time I had it on.  One of the lighter shades would have been nice to test longer for a more thorough judgement. 

On the other hand, their Blush Duo ($29) in Set for Life is available in five shades and was beautiful with its warm rose and pink tones. The powder is silky with micronized pigments that subtly light up cheeks with a realistic, glowing natural flush.


blush duo.jpeg
I really liked this Blush Duo in Set for Life. 


Next, I experimented with their Mineral Bronzer ($29) in Brazilian Tan.  Besides this medium brown bronze, there are two other shades in this line.  This mineral formula has light reflecting pigments as well as anti-oxidants to capitalize on natural radiance. Being how pigmented this powder is, I swept on just a bit before I had enough to imitate time spent in the sun.  
mineral bronzer.jpeg
This shade is heavy on the brown.  


The Kajal Extreme Intense Eyeliner Pencil ($19) offers six shades.  I got to work with the Extreme Black. This waterproof formula of a pencil features a built-in sharpener and a smudger.  I thought it was creamy to the point of almost being a gel-pencil, long lasting  and great for creating a thicker line with true black color that couldn’t be any darker.This is perfect for doing those strong, bold eyes trending for Fall, 2017.

As to the lip products, Vasanti sent a tube of their Love Brights-Gel Matte Lipstick ($19).  I was sent the darkest shade from the eleven in this line with Drunk in Love, (extremely deep matte burgundy).  Ladies, nearly black tones of berries, plums or burgundies are also going to be the rage next season.  


lipstick.jpeg
Drunk in Love is a blackened burgundy.

This has gellified pomegranate, cherry, and evening primrose oil to keep lips moisturized in the most long-wearing formula that ever touched my lips.  The formula is heavy on pigment to the point of wearing like a comfortable stain. No joke, it refused to come off despite eating and two different makeup removers!  It stayed put on one part of my upper lip for three days before finally wearing off.  I guess I should have tried my waterproof makeup remover, but I thought why bother.

Their Lipline Extreme Pencil ($17) in Black Cherry was ideal for wearing with that Drunk in Love Lipstick. Five other colors are available.  I found this pencil that is infused with marula oil has a nice glide and keeps the lipstick in place.  

lip pencil.jpeg
This depth of this Black Cherry Lip Pencil worked well with the lipstick.

I also got to experiment with their Power Oils Lip Gloss ($22) that comes in 15 shades.  
Celeb that arrived is a pink-brown nude loaded with nourishing oils such as raspberry, peach, jojoba, and pomegranate to care and treat dry lips.  I thought it felt so soothing and smooth against the lips with plenty of a shine and more than ample color.  


swatches of lip products & the lip gloss.jpeg
Going from left to right, I swatched Drunk in Love, It's Your Mauve, Black Cherry shades while holding the Celeb Lip Gloss. 

To wear with that lip gloss, I tried the Matte Crush Lipstick Pencil ($23) in It’s Your Mauve (rose mauve). Three other shades make up this line.  This is a waterproof product that is creamy, very spreadable and comes packaged with its own sharpener that can be worn as a liner or even a lipstick.  Besides dual uses, it felt great and kept my lips looking good so what’s not to love about that?

Today, I supplied some possibilities to inspire you with these Vasanti Cosmetics.  Visit their website and check them out.