Friday, December 22, 2017

Recipe: Do Try My Chewy Brown-Sugar Oatmeal Bars


oatmeal-bars.jpeg
This recipe is easy, delicious and no-fail!


I have been baking up a storm adding to my Christmas cookie reserve.  This morning I just whipped up a batch of delicious bar cookies that I wanted to share with you.  My Chewy Brown-Sugar Oatmeal Bars has a minimum of ingredients and only cinnamon and vanilla, but has somewhat of a nutty taste that is delectable.  

What else I love about this recipe is how easy it is to make.  Basically, it is just assembling and mixing the ingredients.  The hardest part is waiting for the butter to soften enough at room temperature for creaming.

I hope that you will give my recipe a try because it is a great one to have on hand through the holidays.


My Chewy Brown-Sugar Oatmeal Bars


1 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda, leveled
½ teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
3/4 cup of butter
1-1/3 cups of brown sugar, firmly packed (light or dark)
2 large eggs
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups of uncooked, old-fashioned oats

Cream the softened butter and sugar with your electric mixer thoroughly.  

Add the vanilla and then the eggs to your mixing bowl and beat until smooth.

Now sift the flour, leveled baking soda, and salt together in another mixing bowl.  Add a little at a time to your creamed mixture and beat in.

Next, introduce the oats and cinnamon to the mixture.  Stir in a little at a time.  You can beat this with your mixer or just incorporate with a large wooden spoon.

Pour the thick batter into a well-greased 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan.

Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how your oven is regulated.  

Test with a toothpick to see if anything sticks.

Give the bars a few minutes to cool in the pan before scoring and cutting into bars.

ENJOY!